Do you require flood insurance and are you inside a flood zone? Fact is almost everybody is in a flood zone, it is just that some places are more prone to floods than others. Well except for that guy who lives on top of a mountain. The only thing he need to be concerned about mudslides of fire. But If you believe that the only people who should be concerned about flood insurance will be people who live in an area that has lots of rivers, lakes or maybe a high-level watertable. It might not seem as crucial to you as them. Did you know that homeowners insurance doesn’t pay for flood insurance claims, flood insurance is very important if you plan on keeping your house & your possessions safe and secure. Flood coverage provides protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy precipitation, storms, blocked storm drains, springtime melts, and so on.

How can Flood Insurance protect me?

  • The insured structure & its foundation
  • Electrical and plumbing systems
  • Central air conditioning machines, boilers, & water heaters
  • Refrigerators, range tops, & built-in appliances
  • Tile, stone, carpets or hardwood flooring
  • Paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cupboards
  • Window blinds
  • Detached garages detached structures (other than garages) require a separate Building Property insurance coverage
  • Debris removal

Personal contents in your premises.

  • Private possessions
  • Window Dressings
  • Window air conditioners
  • Microwave ovens and dishwashers
  • Carpets
  • Washers and Dryers
  • Freezers and Refrigerators
  • itemized valuable items along the lines of artwork, leather plus furs (around $2,500)

What may not be covered in flood insurance coverage :

  • Destruction caused by dampness, mildew, or mold that may have been averted by the property owner
  • Currency, precious metals, and valuable papers
  • Property and belongings outside of an insured building.
  • Living expenses like temporary housing
  • Financial losses attributable to business interruption or loss of use of insured property
  • Nearly all vehicles like automobiles, motorbikes, RV’s etc….

Do you Reside inside a High-Risk Flood Vicinity? Not Sure?

Preparation is vital when it comes toward keeping your home plus your goods out of deep water. If your house or business is inside a low or moderate flood hazard area, your building may possibly qualify to get a low-cost Preferred Risk Policy. While you are not required to procure flood insurance within a low-to-moderate risk locations, a Preferred Risk Policy will protect your home and its contents if you area suffered a small flood, or a bigger flood which has extended into your low hazard area. In fact, many flood claims occur in low-to-moderate risk places. Kerrigan, O’Malley & Bailey Insurance Agency will help take you thru your choices and enable you to understand the dangers in your area.

For further information on getting Flood Insurance phone, Kerrigan, O’Malley & Bailey Insurance Agency at 978-365-2302 or complete our online form above for your FREE Flood Insurance Quote today.